- Austin Chisangu Liato (born 23 August 1965 is a Zambian politician.
- He served as Member of the National Assembly for Kaoma Central between 2002 and 2011.
- Prior to entering politics, Liato was an accountant.
- He was also involved in trade unions and served as president of the Zambia Electricity and Allied Workers Union and Vice-President of the Zambia Congress of Trade Unions.
- Austin was the United Party for National Development (UPND) candidate in Kaoma Central in the 2001 general elections and was elected to the National Assembly with a 1,169-vote majority.
- In 2003 he defected to the Movement for Multi-Party Democracy (MMD) and was re-elected in a by-election.
- Liato was subsequently appointed Deputy Minister of Energy in May 2005.
- Liato was defeated by UPND candidate Carlos Antonio in the 2011 general elections.
- He left the MMD in 2012 and returned to the UPND.
- Liato contested Kaoma Central in the 2016 general elections as the Patriotic Front
candidate,but was defeated by Morgan Sitwala of the UPND.
Previous Post10 Things You Didn't Know About Reuben Chitandika Kamanga Next Post10 things you didn’t know about Tawny Gray