- She was born in Lusaka in 1988.
- Yvonne was raised as the daughter to the Honorable Member of Parliament
Mr.Michael Mwale and former songstress Jelita Mwanza in Petauke (Zambia).
- She started her musical education at the age of 7 years.
- As soon after began to sing on a more professional level, she started performing in different churches and choirs across the country.
- Her life changed dramatically when she lost both parents in the same year and all possessions were taken by members of her family.
- Left with nothing but her talent, at the age of 12 Yvonne Mwale survived for two years without a home, sleeping on the benches of markets or just on the streets.
- Despite her misfortunes, she managed to survive by getting little jobs here and there, and finally found a family where she got shelter.
- She joined the Zambian group B-Sharp as a vocalist where she received the advanced musical education of Jones Kabanga, an outstanding musician with an international reputation.
- Soon after she was seen on stages all over Lusaka and became popular for her dynamic performances.
- In 2009 then Yvonne Mwale was awarded
with“Best Upcoming Female Artist” at the Ngoma Awards, the national music awards in Zambia.
Previous Post10 things you didn’t know about Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Next Post10 things you didn’t know about Victor Kachaka