- Tembo was born in Kabwe, Zambia.
- She was inspired by her father, who played African bongo.
- Lily was raised in a music-loving family.
- Her Father, sisters and mother
wasalso musicianwho used to sing in church.
- Tembo attended secondary school at the Kabulonga Girls School in Zambia’s capital, Lusaka. Later on, she pursued a career in
journalism atEvelyn Hone College.
- She emerged onto the music market in 2004 with the album Lily T
- Aside from singing, she was known for presenting on the 5th FM Radio in Zambia, working as a journalist and involvement in charity work.
- the album Lily
T ,started her career and brought her national attention
- After complaining over “minor stomach pains” and suffering severe gastritis, Tembo died around 6:30 PM, September 14 at the age of 27.
- Tembo’s sister Patience told the press “She had gastritis, she fell sick on Saturday… she was vomiting a lot and developed anaemia. On Monday around 19:00 hours, she died
Previous Post10 things you didn’t know about Maiko Zulu Next Post10 things you didn’t know about Leo "K'millian" Moyo