- Gladys Nyirongo is a Zambian politician.
- She is a former sports minister, and headed the Ministry of Lands.
- Nyirongo was a member of Heritage Party in Zambia and won the 2001 elections.
- She won the 2006 elections in MMD ticket and was appointed the Minister of Lands until president Levy Mwanawasa sacked her in March 2007 under accusations that she handed out land plots to her family
- Nyirongo was the Lands minister in 2006–07 in the cabinet of Levy Mwanawasa.
- A magistrate court sentenced her to four years of imprisonment in 2009, which was reduced in 2010 to two years following her appeal in High Court. She joined the ruling Patriotic Front in June 2016.
- Nyirongo was a member of Heritage Party in Zambia.
- Gladys was appointed the Sports Minister in 2002.
- She won the candidacy from MMD during the following election in 2006 and went on to become a Lands minister.
- Nyirongo joined the ruling Patriotic Front in June 2016. She was on
campaigntrail for the ruling party for he upcomingelections.
Previous Post10 things you didn’t know about Phil Edmonds Next Post10 things you didn’t know about Robert Earnshaw