Most countries start to hit play on holiday hits in November, with the first big spike in listening happening around December 1st. (We’ve determined that a country is officially festive once Christmas tracks make up more than 2 percent of all listening in the region).
According to our data, the Philippines is always first out of the gate and cranks up the Yuletide tunes as early as September. Makes sense; the country kicks off a bevy of Christmas-related festivities that month. And while Filipinos can’t get enough of holiday songs from Michael Bublé, Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande this time of year, they also love local veteran singer Jose Mari Chan, whose song “Christmas In Our Hearts” is a favourite in the region.
But not everyone is impatient for Christmas music; some countries like Argentina and Uruguay wait until Christmas Day itself to start listening. See Top 10 Christmas Songs Globally.
1. Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas is You
2. Wham! – Last Christmas
3. Michael Bublé – It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
4. Andy Williams – It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
5. Brenda Lee – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
6. Bobby Helms – Jingle Bell Rock
7. Band Aid – Do they Know It’s Christmas?
8. Bing Crosby – White Christmas
9. John Lennon – Happy Xmas (War is Over)
10. Frank Sinatra – Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!