The new Mercedes-Benz GLS is Mercedes-Benz’s largest and most luxurious SUV and, above all, offers more: more space, more comfort, more luxury. The confident presence of its exterior stems from its impressive dimensions, which are even larger than those of its predecessor (length +77 mm, width +22 mm). One of the benefits of the 60 mm longer wheelbase is interior spaciousness, especially in the second row. The three fully electrically adjustable seat rows offer all passengers a generous amount of space and outstanding seating comfort.
The seats in the third row can be lowered into the floor to increase the boot space (up to 2400 litres), while the seats in the second row fold flat. Furthermore, a six-seater variant with two luxury individual rear seats in the second seat row is available for the first time. Celebrating its world premiere in the GLS 580 4MATIC (combined fuel consumption: 10.0-9.8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 229-224 g/km) is an electrified V8 engine featuring EQ Boost – a 48-volt system with integrated starter-generator.
The E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL active suspension on 48-volt basis offers outstanding suspension comfort, agile handling and a high degree of off-road capability. Like the GLE, the GLS features the latest generation of Mercedes-Benz driving assistance systems giving cooperative support to the driver. The new 4MATIC ensures great agility on the road and strong performance off the beaten track. The new GLS has impressive aerodynamics in its segment, with a Cd figure of 0.32. It has a new Carwash function, which enables the car to be prepared for entry into a carwash with a single press of a button.
As the S-Class of SUVs, the new GLS indulges its passengers, especially those in the rear. The key comfort features at a glance:
- MBUX Rear Seat Entertainment System: Two 11.6-inch touchscreens for movie, music and internet enjoyment
- Rear Comfort package Plus: Separate tablet for controlling all of the MBUX comfort and entertainment functions from the rear seats
- Electrically adjustable seats throughout as standard, as is the Easy-Entry function, which makes it easy to get into and out of the third seat row
- Simple folding-down of all rear seats at the push of a button
- Choice of either three-seater rear bench seat or two luxury individual seats with armrests in the second row
- Two fully fledged seats in the third row (for people up to 1.94 m tall)
- Heated seats and separate USB charging ports for the third row, too
- Five-zone automatic climate control available.
“The new GLS is the S-Class of premium SUVs. It embodies luxury, confidence and intelligence like almost no other vehicle,”, states Ola Källenius, the member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for corporate research and Mercedes-Benz Cars development.